Wayman Chapel A.M.E. Church - Temple, Bell County, Texas
Address:
Directions: 407 Ave. D., Temple
Marker #: 5027005728
Year Dedicated: 1986
Size, type: 18: x 28" Subject
Last reported condition: refinish/Local
Wayman Chapel A.M.E. Church - George Connor, a missionary elder of the African Methodist Episcopal (A.M.E.) church assigned to the Temple area, organized this congregation in 1883. A frame sanctuary was built at this site two years later, with Dock Lacy and Green McGrew as church trustees. A growing membership during the early years of the 20th century required a larger house of worship, and the present brick sancturary was completed in 1927. An important institution in Temple's black community, Wayman Chapel A.M.E. church has long been a source of leadership and service. Texas Sesquicentennial 1836-1985
Decimal degrees:  N 31.090606   W -97.337610
Degrees, minutes: N 31 05.436   W 097 20.257
UTM: Zone 14, Easting 658562, Northing 3440831
Maps:
Google
Mapquest
Terraserver (Aerial Photos)
Texas Highway Department
TopoZone
Yahoo
Nearby:
Geocaches
Geodashing Dash Points
Navicaches
Terracaches


Historical Markers
Cemeteries
Parks
Download GPX File what's a gpx file?
Found this marker? File a report!
sample marker image
Sample Marker Image

Wayman Chapel A.M.E. Church map
<< BackBookmark PagePrint