W. W. Glover Cemetery - Dallas, Dallas County, Texas
Address: 65-6600 blk. of Military Hwy.
Directions:
Marker #: 5113006727
Year Dedicated: 1983
Size, type: 18 x 28
Last reported condition: No report
W. W. Glover Cemetery - W. W. Glover Cemetery Early Dallas County settler George W. Glover acquired this land in 1844. The property was first used as a cemetery for the interment of five-year-old Sarah Beeman who died on Mar. 22, 1857. In 1872 Glover deeded the property to his son William Wald Glover (1846 - 1928) for whom the cemetery was named. Among those buried here are the younger Glover and early Dallas settler and civic leader Richard Lagow. This community burial ground, which contains over 70 gravesites of pioneer settlers and their families, was last used in 1951.
Decimal degrees:  N 32.772594   W -96.706447
Degrees, minutes: N 32 46.356   W 096 42.387
UTM: Zone 14, Easting 714826, Northing 3628405
Maps:
Google
Mapquest
Terraserver (Aerial Photos)
Texas Highway Department
TopoZone
Yahoo
Nearby:
Geocaches
Geodashing Dash Points
Navicaches
Terracaches


Historical Markers
Cemeteries
Parks
Download GPX File what's a gpx file?
Found this marker? File a report!
sample marker image
Sample Marker Image

W. W. Glover Cemetery map
<< BackBookmark PagePrint