First Baptist Church, Hebron - Lewisville, Denton County, Texas
Address:
Directions: corner of FM 544 and Hebron Parkway in Hebron, 10 miles East of Lewisville
Marker #: 5121001687
Year Dedicated: 1984
Size, type: 27" x 42" Subject
Last reported condition: None
First Baptist Church, Hebron - Organized in 1883 at the Willow Springs School, this congregation was known as Big Valley Baptist Church during the early years of its existence. A Sunday School, Willow Springs Union Sabbath School, was begun in 1886. E. C. Bramblett served as the first pastor. He was replaced by the Rev. John Turner, who was succeeded after one year by the Rev. R. G. M. Eiland. During Eiland's pastorate, toward the latter part of the nineteenth century, the congregation and Sunday School united with a nearby fellowship to become the Cemetery Hill Church and Union Sabbath School. In the early 1900s, during the pastorate of the Rev. D. B. Allen, the congregation relocated to the new town of Hebron and adopted the name Hebron Baptist Church. Their first sanctuary was completed in 1920. Over the years the fellowship has been active in missionary work and has produced several ministers from its membership. Now known as First Baptist Church, Hebron, the historic congregation has contributed much to the heritage of the area and has provided significant service and leadership to the residents of this part of Denton County. (1984)
Decimal degrees:  N 33.024683   W -96.857240
Degrees, minutes: N 33 01.481   W 096 51.434
UTM: Zone 14, Easting 700131, Northing 3656063
Maps:
Google
Mapquest
Terraserver (Aerial Photos)
Texas Highway Department
TopoZone
Yahoo
Nearby:
Geocaches
Geodashing Dash Points
Navicaches
Terracaches


Historical Markers
Cemeteries
Parks
Download GPX File what's a gpx file?
Found this marker? File a report!
sample marker image
Sample Marker Image

First Baptist Church, Hebron map
<< BackBookmark PagePrint