Morton-McCloy House - Richmond, Fort Bend County, Texas
Address: 402 N. Second St.
Directions:
Marker #: 5157009051
Year Dedicated: 1995
Size, type: Medallion & Plate
Last reported condition: Good
Morton-McCloy House - "Old 300" settlers William Morton and his family operated Morton's Ferry here in the 1820s. Hand-hewn braced-frame construction suggests that at its core this house was built by the Mortons in the mid-1830s. Altered to its present appearance between 1873-1904 during the ownership of the Dr. John McCloy family, the L-plan house features a 3-bay front porch, single door entry with transom, and gable roof. Later owners included the families of Edgar Andrus and A. W. Whatley. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1995
Decimal degrees:  N 29.586863   W -95.761624
Degrees, minutes: N 29 35.212   W 095 45.697
UTM: Zone 15, Easting 232498, Northing 3276192
Maps:
Google
Mapquest
Terraserver (Aerial Photos)
Texas Highway Department
TopoZone
Yahoo
Nearby:
Geocaches
Geodashing Dash Points
Navicaches
Terracaches


Historical Markers
Cemeteries
Parks
Download GPX File what's a gpx file?
Found this marker? File a report!
sample marker image
Sample Marker Image

Morton-McCloy House map
<< BackBookmark PagePrint