Squaw Creek Primitive Baptist Church - Doss, Gillespie County, Texas
Address: 0.6 miles east of Doss on FM 648
Marker #: 5171012788
Year Dedicated: 2002
Size, type: 18" x 28"
Last reported condition: No report
Squaw Creek Primitive Baptist Church - Squaw Creek Primitive Baptist Church Ten charter members constituted Squaw Creek Primitive Baptist Church in 1901, and elder S. N. Redford served as pastor from 1901 until 1907. Services were held in homes and in the Squaw Creek School until 1911, when members began meeting in the Bethel Missionary Baptist Church building, which they purchased in 1924. New facilities were constructed over time to meet the congregation's needs. A brush arbor at the rear of the property sheltered meetings of the Friendship Association of Primitive Baptists. Annual and, later, triennial camp meetings began in 1963 on the third weekend in July. The Squaw Creek Church continues to serve the Doss Valley and Primitive Baptists across the state. (2002)
Decimal degrees:  N 30.442416   W -99.120114
Degrees, minutes: N 30 26.545   W 099 07.207
UTM: Zone 14, Easting 488467, Northing 3367816
Maps:
Google
Mapquest
Terraserver (Aerial Photos)
Texas Highway Department
TopoZone
Yahoo
Nearby:
Geocaches
Geodashing Dash Points
Navicaches
Terracaches


Historical Markers
Cemeteries
Parks
Download GPX File what's a gpx file?
Found this marker? File a report!
sample marker image
Sample Marker Image

Squaw Creek Primitive Baptist Church map
<< BackBookmark PagePrint