Terrell House - Navasota, Grimes County, Texas
Address:
Directions: SE corner of Old Millican Road and E. Washington Avenue, Navasota.
Marker #: 5185008621
Year Dedicated: 1981
Size, type: Medallion and Plate
Last reported condition: Good
Terrell House - In 1897 Elizabeth Owen had this two-story residence constructed for her daughter Emmeline B. Terrell (b. 1849), the widow of local pharmacist Joel W. Terrell, II, who had died the previous year. In 1899 the home was purchased by John H. Mickleborough, a leading Navasota banker and businessman, and his wife Georgia. An example of Queen Anne styling, the Terrell House features intricate eastlake ornamentation on the gallery and gable ends. Recorded texas Historic Landmark - 1981
Decimal degrees:  N 30.394690   W -96.088185
Degrees, minutes: N 30 23.681   W 096 05.291
UTM: Zone 14, Easting 779779, Northing 3366120
Maps:
Google
Mapquest
Terraserver (Aerial Photos)
Texas Highway Department
TopoZone
Yahoo
Nearby:
Geocaches
Geodashing Dash Points
Navicaches
Terracaches


Historical Markers
Cemeteries
Parks
Download GPX File what's a gpx file?
Found this marker? File a report!
sample marker image
Sample Marker Image

Terrell House map
<< BackBookmark PagePrint