Los Nogales - Seguin, Guadalupe County, Texas
Address:
Directions: 415 South River Street, Seguin
Marker #: 5187003128
Year Dedicated: 1989
Size, type: 18 x 28" Subject
Last reported condition: Good
Los Nogales - This structure was built in 1849 for German immigrant Justus Gombert. The one-room adobe structure, later stuccoed and enlarged, was owned from 1849 to 1859 by Joseph Zorn. After the Civil War, the property was used as a campground for members of the Freemen's Bureau. Ben McCulloch owned the property briefly in 1870. Demolition of the house was prevented as the first project of the Seguin Conservation Society in 1952. Los Nogales (Spanish for walnuts), as it is now known, was designated a recorded Texas Historic Landmark in 1962. (1989)
Decimal degrees:  N 29.566135   W -97.963374
Degrees, minutes: N 29 33.968   W 097 57.802
UTM: Zone 14, Easting 600415, Northing 3271159
Maps:
Google
Mapquest
Terraserver (Aerial Photos)
Texas Highway Department
TopoZone
Yahoo
Nearby:
Geocaches
Geodashing Dash Points
Navicaches
Terracaches


Historical Markers
Cemeteries
Parks
Download GPX File what's a gpx file?
Found this marker? File a report!
sample marker image
Sample Marker Image

Los Nogales map
<< BackBookmark PagePrint