Bellview Community and School - Plainview, Hale County, Texas
Address: FM 789, 9 mi. SE
Directions: from Plainview, take FM 789 southeast about 9 miles
Marker #: 5189000363
Year Dedicated: 1992
Size, type: 18" x 28"
Last reported condition: Good
Bellview Community and School - Much of this rural community's early social and religious history is closely associated with its schoolhouses. Area residents built their first schoolhouse in 1903, one year after organizing a rural school district. Named for trustee John Bell, the Bellview School began with 12 students. A 4-room school building erected near here in 1918 was the site of social and church activities for the next four decades. Bellview School was merged with Plainview schools in 1942. The last Bellview School building, once the center of community activity, fell into disrepair and was razed in 1968. 1992
Decimal degrees:  N 34.099434   W -101.613567
Degrees, minutes: N 34 05.966   W 0101 36.814
UTM: Zone 14, Easting 258893, Northing 3776265
Maps:
Google
Mapquest
Terraserver (Aerial Photos)
Texas Highway Department
TopoZone
Yahoo
Nearby:
Geocaches
Geodashing Dash Points
Navicaches
Terracaches


Historical Markers
Cemeteries
Parks
Download GPX File what's a gpx file?
Found this marker? File a report!
sample marker image
Sample Marker Image

Bellview Community and School map
<< BackBookmark PagePrint