Prairieview Community - Plainview, Hale County, Texas
Address:
Directions: from Plainview, go 7 miles north on FM 400, then take FM 788 about 3.8 miles east, then go 1 mile north on FM 1612
Marker #: 5189004112
Year Dedicated: 1988
Size, type: 18" x 28"
Last reported condition: Stolen; Replace
Prairieview Community - The Prairieview Community traces its history to a rural settlement which began in the late 19th century. Miss Alice Rosser opened a school in a brush arbor at Mapes in 1889. Later housed in a one-room building erected on land bought from W. G. Williams, the school also served as a gathering place for worship services and community activities. In 1892 the name of the community was changed to Prairieview. The area economy was based on ranching and farming, for which marketing improved with the arrival of the Santa Fe Railroad in 1906. 1988
Decimal degrees:  N 31.447209   W -99.922042
Degrees, minutes: N 31 26.833   W 099 55.323
UTM: Zone 14, Easting 412388, Northing 3479533
Maps:
Google
Mapquest
Terraserver (Aerial Photos)
Texas Highway Department
TopoZone
Yahoo
Nearby:
Geocaches
Geodashing Dash Points
Navicaches
Terracaches


Historical Markers
Cemeteries
Parks
Download GPX File what's a gpx file?
Found this marker? File a report!
sample marker image
Sample Marker Image

Prairieview Community map
<< BackBookmark PagePrint