Pierian Club - Lampasas, Lampasas County, Texas
Address: 201 South Main St
Directions: 201 South Main St
Marker #: 5281012914
Year Dedicated: 2003
Size, type: 18" x 28"
Last reported condition: No report
Pierian Club - Pierian Club Twenty civic-minded women in 1902 chartered the Pierian Club of Lampasas, which became a member organization of the General Federation of Women's Clubs and the Texas Federation of Women's Clubs that same year. The club was named for the mythical Pierian Spring, and the members focused on literature, art, education, social issues, Texas heritage and philanthropy. In 1903, the Pierians joined with another group to begin a book collection for what would become the Lampasas Public Library. After more than a century, the club continues to support the library and to make substantial contributions to the betterment of the community. (2003)
Decimal degrees:  N 31.065039   W -98.180527
Degrees, minutes: N 31 03.902   W 098 10.832
UTM: Zone 14, Easting 578180, Northing 3437098
Maps:
Google
Mapquest
Terraserver (Aerial Photos)
Texas Highway Department
TopoZone
Yahoo
Nearby:
Geocaches
Geodashing Dash Points
Navicaches
Terracaches


Historical Markers
Cemeteries
Parks
Download GPX File what's a gpx file?
Found this marker? File a report!
sample marker image
Sample Marker Image

Pierian Club map
<< BackBookmark PagePrint