Alfred Lane - Graford, Palo Pinto County, Texas
Address:
Directions: SH 254, 2 miles east of Graford
Marker #: 5363000115
Year Dedicated: 1997
Size, type: 18 x 28" Subject
Last reported condition: N/A
Alfred Lane - Called "A splendid brave man" by his brother-in-law, cattleman Charles Goodnight, Tennessee native Alfred Lane moved to Texas with his family in 1836 and settled in Robertson's colony on the Brazos River. He moved to the Black Springs area of Palo Pinto County in 1856, following his marriage to Elizabeth Goodnight, and raised horses on the open range. He scouted with the Texas Rangers during the Civil War. After helping Goodnight drive cattle west of Ft. Belknap, Lane was killed by Indians as he returned home. He is buried nearby in Crawford Cemetery (2 miles northeast). (1997)
Decimal degrees:  N 32.947343   W -98.215502
Degrees, minutes: N 32 56.841   W 098 12.930
UTM: Zone 14, Easting 573329, Northing 3645722
Maps:
Google
Mapquest
Terraserver (Aerial Photos)
Texas Highway Department
TopoZone
Yahoo
Nearby:
Geocaches
Geodashing Dash Points
Navicaches
Terracaches


Historical Markers
Cemeteries
Parks
Download GPX File what's a gpx file?
Found this marker? File a report!
sample marker image
Sample Marker Image

Alfred Lane map
<< BackBookmark PagePrint