St. Joseph's Catholic Church - Ft. Stockton, Pecos County, Texas
Address: James and Main St.
Directions: Corner of James and Main St., Ft. Stockton
Marker #: 5371005048
Year Dedicated: 1966
Size, type: Medallion & Plate
Last reported condition: None
St. Joseph's Catholic Church - Efforts of establish a Catholic church in the area began shortly after the Civil War when Fort Stockton was reoccupied by United States troops. The first services were conducted in 1872 by father Claude Jaillet and father Adolfo Guichon. Construction of the present church building began three years later. Located on land donated by Peter Gallagher, it was built of adobe on a stone foundation. The structure was remodeled in the 1960s. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1966
Decimal degrees:  N 30.882621   W -102.880006
Degrees, minutes: N 30 52.957   W 0102 52.800
UTM: Zone 13, Easting 702657, Northing 3418518
Maps:
Google
Mapquest
Terraserver (Aerial Photos)
Texas Highway Department
TopoZone
Yahoo
Nearby:
Geocaches
Geodashing Dash Points
Navicaches
Terracaches


Historical Markers
Cemeteries
Parks
Download GPX File what's a gpx file?
Found this marker? File a report!
sample marker image
Sample Marker Image

St. Joseph's Catholic Church map
<< BackBookmark PagePrint