City of Hearne - Hearne, Robertson County, Texas
Address: 3rd and Cedar St.
Directions:
Marker #: 5395010930
Year Dedicated: 1971
Size, type: 18" x 28"
Last reported condition: No report
City of Hearne - Situated on land originally granted (1830) to Francisco Ruiz, commander of Fort Tenoxtitlan. The first settler, S. Code Brown, operated a tavern, stage stand, store, and post office which served a large area. Among the southern planters coming here (1852) were Ebenezer and Horatio Hearne, who later tilled 5,000 acres of land. Mrs. Christopher Columbus Hearne honored promise of her husband by donating 700 acres to Houston & Texas Central when the railroad built to this site in 1868. The town, platted in 1870 and named for the Hearne family, was incorporated in 1871.
Decimal degrees:  N 30.879822   W -96.596626
Degrees, minutes: N 30 52.789   W 096 35.798
UTM: Zone 14, Easting 729760, Northing 3418757
Maps:
Google
Mapquest
Terraserver (Aerial Photos)
Texas Highway Department
TopoZone
Yahoo
Nearby:
Geocaches
Geodashing Dash Points
Navicaches
Terracaches


Historical Markers
Cemeteries
Parks
Download GPX File what's a gpx file?
Found this marker? File a report!
sample marker image
Sample Marker Image

City of Hearne map
<< BackBookmark PagePrint