Site of Mound Hill School - Brenham, Washington County, Texas
Address:
Directions: 7 mi. N of Brenham on SH 36; 2.2 mi. E on FM 390 to Cedar Hill Road
Marker #: 5477005739
Year Dedicated: 1998
Size, type: 18" x 28"
Last reported condition: No report
Site of Mound Hill School - In 1889 residents of the Mound area formed their first school at a nearby Baptist church. By 1891 the Mound School District was organized and forty students were enrolled. The school moved in 1902 to the Live Oak Female Seminary located on the farm of Dr. R. L. Miller. The school moved again in 1930 to a more central location and was remodeled into a two-classroom building. In 1939 the Works Progress Administration started a hot lunch program costing five centers per meal. By 1949 the school had been consolidated twice more and purchased its first bus. Finally, in 1953 the Mound Hill School was consolidated with the Prairie Hill School District, and the school buildings formerly at this site were moved to the Prairie Hill community. (1998)
No decimal coordinates available.
Download GPX File what's a gpx file?
Found this marker? File a report!
sample marker image
Sample Marker Image

 
<< BackBookmark PagePrint