Rocky Hill School - Independence, Washington County, Texas
Address:
Directions: From Independence, take FM 390 W 2.5 mi. to Rocky Hill School Rd., go S about 7/10 mi. to marker on E side of road.
Marker #: 5477008382
Year Dedicated:
Size, type: 18 x 28" Subject
Last reported condition: No report
Rocky Hill School - A private school operated by the Methodist Church provided education for the children of the Rocky Hill community as early as 1867. A petition from area citizens resulted in the formation of a public school in 1883. Located on land owned by Henry Kruse, the school served the area until 1909, when a new building was erected at a site provided by Fritz Engelke. A third school building was located at this site on Henry Klatte's farm from the 1930s until 1957, when the Rocky Hill School was consolidated with the Brenham School System.
Decimal degrees:  N 30.288774   W -96.373853
Degrees, minutes: N 30 17.326   W 096 22.431
UTM: Zone 14, Easting 752593, Northing 3353705
Maps:
Google
Mapquest
Terraserver (Aerial Photos)
Texas Highway Department
TopoZone
Yahoo
Nearby:
Geocaches
Geodashing Dash Points
Navicaches
Terracaches


Historical Markers
Cemeteries
Parks
Download GPX File what's a gpx file?
Found this marker? File a report!
sample marker image
Sample Marker Image

Rocky Hill School map
<< BackBookmark PagePrint