Iowa Park Lodge No. 713, A.F. & A.M. - Iowa Park, Wichita County, Texas
Address: 700 W Washington
Directions: 700 West Washington Street, Iowa Park
Marker #: 5485002647
Year Dedicated: 1997
Size, type: 27" x 42" Subject
Last reported condition: N/A
Iowa Park Lodge No. 713, A.F. & A.M. - The town of Iowa Park was platted in 1888 on the route of the Fort Worth and Denver City Railroad. A Masonic Lodge was also being organized in Iowa Park, and in 1891 a warrant of dispensation was granted by the Grand Lodge of Texas, Ancient Free and Accepted Masons. Iowa Park Lodge No. 713 received its charter in December 1891. A building owned by Kriedler and Windle served as the first lodge hall until 1892 when Birk Hall was secured as a meeting place. In 1896 the second floor of the First National Bank building was obtained for lodge meetings. The organization continued to meet in the bank building until 1969 when the lodge completed a building at 700 West Washington Street. Iowa Park Lodge members maintain a strong tradition of supporting community education, and have laid cornerstones for local public schools in 1901 and 1923. An award named for Republic of Texas President Mirabeau B. Lamar has been given annually to a deserving high school student. Many charitable causes have received assistance from the Iowa Park Masons, who continue to serve the community as they have for more than a century. (1997)
Decimal degrees:  N 33.953854   W -98.676995
Degrees, minutes: N 33 57.231   W 098 40.620
UTM: Zone 14, Easting 529845, Northing 3757086
Maps:
Google
Mapquest
Terraserver (Aerial Photos)
Texas Highway Department
TopoZone
Yahoo
Nearby:
Geocaches
Geodashing Dash Points
Navicaches
Terracaches


Historical Markers
Cemeteries
Parks
Download GPX File what's a gpx file?
Found this marker? File a report!
sample marker image
Sample Marker Image

Iowa Park Lodge No. 713, A.F. & A.M. map
<< BackBookmark PagePrint